Friday 10 August 2012

Old, new, newer.

This week, Kieran and I took the dogs for a walk down to the old railway and quarry. I brought my camera along in the hope of getting some good photos. It was really strange seeing the old railway all overgrown and I enjoyed capturing the mix of nature and industry.

The sun was just about setting and so the light was really nice. Unfortunately, I couldn’t quite capture the sunset as the new railway blocked it out and I was too short to get a picture over the top of it.

There was a lot of graffiti and I thought this added an extra layer to the scene; from nature, to industry to modernisation to destruction.

Here are some of the photos I got on the Nikon and I am also hoping a couple I took on my Diana F+ will turn out well too.











I think what I realised through these photos is I like capturing run down places and making them look nicer – a bit like with the iron bridge photos from Manchester. I like to try and see the beauty in things that aren’t conventionally beautiful. It might look like a decaying railway or a dirty old tunnel but it’s a part of history and people would have worked hard to create those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment