Wednesday 1 August 2012

Lomography Love.

I had first heard about Lomography through a feature on Rock My Wedding. I really loved the vintage, dreamy look of the photos and the fact that the imperfections made the photos so much more interesting. My favourite ones were the overlayed photos where one image appeared over another, or the ones with the black edging creeping in (vignetting).

With the wedding all over and suddenly finding myself with so much spare time, I decided I needed a hobby. I wanted to keep up something creative as that's what I enjoyed most about planning the wedding and it's totally different from my day job. Photography was always something I was interested in but through the wedding planning, I learnt so much more about it as I researched various photographers.

At the weekend, I was lucky enough to visit a store dedicated to Lomography in Manchester. Whilst there, I purchased the Diana F+ in pink (Mr. Pink).




I've never had a real film camera (I don't think disposables count) but I remember my Dad having one when I was younger.

The Diana F+ comes with a really easy to follow instruction manual which takes you through everything from how to load the film to getting different effects from your camera. You can add various filters to the flash (seen here with pink of course) and choose whether you have 16 smaller photos or 12 larger ones. It's up to you when you wind it on so I'm looking forward to seeing how some of the overlay effect pictures I've taken turn out.

The great thing about this type of camera is you really don't know what you're going to get. I'm really hoping not all of my photos are rubbish but even if there are just a couple of gems on there I will be pleased. I think there is something so romantic about film cameras that you can't achieve simply by Instagramming a photo (although I do love Instgram).

We're off to Brighton at the weekend and I can't think of a place better suited to the 1960's, vintage, unique photos that I hope to achieve with my new camera.

I'll be sure to share the results when the film is developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment