Sunday 8 January 2012

Suits you.

So, I have already alluded to what a great weekend I seem to be having so I thought I would share the main reason for it being so.

Yesterday, Kieran and I randomly decided to head off to Bicester Shopping Village to see if we could track down a suit for him. He had won a large sum on the horses in November and had sensibly put is aside to buy his dream wedding suit.

We knew from the early stages that we wouldn't be hiring traditional wedding suits with patterned waistcoats that co-ordinated with satin cravats and matched the bridesmaids. It just wasn't our style. Kieran is also very particular (and very well dressed) and so we knew it would have to be a special suit. He wears one each day for work and so we had decided a 3 piece suit would help make it feel more special. He also knew he wanted grey (not too light or too dark) with a slight pattern to the material.

His favourite designer is Paul Smith and so we thought we'd end up with a Paul Smith suit but the selection at Bicester wasn't great (they don't get the 3 pieces in until April and I would have been in full panic mode by then!)

We ended up going to Savoy Taylors Guild and being assisted by a lovely lady called Debbie (who informed us she was leaving but I'm sure the other staff are just as nice!) They too mainly had 2 piece suits but when Kieran found one he absolutely loved (French Connection, dark grey, feint purple check) Debbie suggested having the tailor make a bespoke waistcoat to match. This did mean buying another suit so the trousers could be used for the waistcoat and the jacket lining on the back of the waistcoast (which, by chance, was grey with a light grey polka dot so perfectly in keeping with our Cath Kidston wedding).

However, since we had anticipated spending £500+ on a Paul Smith suit, buying 2 suits at £150 plus paying for the bespoke waistcoat actually worked out cheaper than planned and was totally worth it to get exactly what we wanted.

And, I got emotional. As he was hovering in front of the mirror, pulling at the jacket and having his trousers turned up, I just kept thinking that this is the suit I am going to see him at the end of the aisle in. He looked so handsome and smart and I felt so proud thinking I would be walking towards him in my dress as he stood in this suit. I was trying not to well up in case everyone else in the shop thought I was mad but I couldn't help it. It's a moment I will remember and I can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks to pick it all up and to see Kieran try it on with his shirt, tie and cufflinks.

Bicester was also all wintery and festive still which I think made it all the more magical. So here he is, my handsome groom...

No comments:

Post a Comment