Thursday 9 February 2012

Home Sweet Home

Hello!!

I have been very much absent from blogging as I have been ridiculously busy of late! Work is super crazy, there's so much to do for the wedding, uni deadlines are building up! We are also in the process of finalising our new house so it's been paperwork central (not to mention about 100 trips to the giant Next Home store as Fosse Park where I wish I lived!)

I never used to undertand why people would rather spend money on home furnishings instead of clothes. But this was before I had my own house (well, I almost have it). Now, I am addicted to browsing websites such as Next, Homebase and DFS!

It's been so hard to decide how to decorate and what to buy as I struggle to contain my overly girly style and am instantly attracted to anything pink and heart shaped. I need to remember 2 things: 1. I'm not a 6 year old girl and 2. I'm going to live with a boy. That means a lot of compromising and we've found the best way to do this is just to split the rooms!

Our house is going to be a real mish mash of us both and I like that. He's had a stainless steel kitchen (killed me not to buy every item in the Next kitchen heart range!) and I've had a shabby chic bedroom. We compromised on purple for the dining room (well it's not pink!) and our two fave colours for the living room (pink and green).

(Sneaking into Next and re-arranging displays to check they'll go in the new house!)


I then sneak variations of 'not pink' into every other room e.g. coral towels in the bathroom and Cath Kidston wallpaper in the spare room.

And then of course there are all my 'love' accessories!

Next 'love' cushion for the bedroom

Heart love sign from Dunelm

I'm now just looking forward to getting the keys and seeing how it all looks in the new house!

No comments:

Post a Comment