Sunday 1 January 2012

Sunday Shoes.

Happy New Year to all!

I hope you all had a good time last night no matter how you celebrated and aren't feeling too bad today!

In the past, I have always found New Year's Eve a bit of a let down. There is such a big build up and we watch so many films that work us up to the moment at midnight where everything works out perfectly and then when it doesn't quite work out like that in real life it seems a real anti climax!

In the past I have been stood in a queue to a club, lost all of my friends inside a club, witnessed a fight, stuck in a busy restaurant still waiting for the desserts to turn up...

Last night, a group of friends played it low key and had a small gathering at their house. There were 10 of us and it worked out perfectly! We had home made vodka jellies (great idea at the time), watched Big Ben count us on on TV and were all together at midnight!

Despite being a quiet gathering, the girls still decided to dress up and I had no problem deciding what shoes to wear!! I got some Sam Edelman killer heels in the Harvey Nichols sale last Wednesday (£80 off!!) especially for the occasion:


They may actually be my true love! They were dead comfy and I just love the killer heel (literally killers - you could have someone's eye out with those studs!!) The only problem was finding the right outfit to go with them! After trekking around loads of shops I ended up in a dress I had had for ages! Which was kind of a good thing since the new house has left me poor!!

In fact, that leads me to my number 1 New Year's Resolution - to not impulse buy so much! That's not the same as not shopping - it just means I think before I buy! I had a clear out this week in preparation for the move and realised I had so many worn once clothes! Some even still had labels on! I felt awful! I bagged loads up for charity and have vowed to spend less and wear more this year (a tip from Gok Wan).

Let's hope I can stick to it! I know Kieran will be hoping I do!!


No comments:

Post a Comment