Sunday 27 November 2011

Seventies Party.

I'm not a big fan of fancy dress parties. They're fine once you get there but there is always the ordeal of walking to the venue/through the venue in a ridiculous outfit all alone.

The party I attended yesterday was particularly stressful as it was described as 'sort of' 70s fancy dress! Did this mean I would be the only one dressed up? Were people really going for it? I had no clue what to do. A quick search on the Internet revealed that in the 70s people only ever wore neon tie dye sequined jump suits and all had afros. I thought this was probably too much for a sort of fancy dress party.

I consulted my mum who said to go for some Farrah Fawcett flicks, flared jeans and heavy make up. I added my platforms and my mum's old coat and felt like I'd fit right in on That 70s Show!


I turned up at the party feeling pretty authentic in my outfit but with the safe knowledge that if all went wrong and no-one was dressed up I could claim I always dressed this way!

Obviously, when we arrived we were confronted by a sea of neon tie dye and sequins!!!

Great night though!

No comments:

Post a Comment