Tuesday 6 December 2011

One down... eight to go.

I'm in my last year of four as a 'mature' student studying for a degree in business. Not in a million years did I ever think I would be doing a business degree. Even when I was 18 and planning on going to uni as an 'immature' student, I wanted to do media, then psychology, then fashion, then media. Even though I changed my mind from course to couse (and uni to uni) there was a common theme - none of them involved accounts... and strategy... and hr law - boring stuff!

The fact is, my work are funding me and so I have to do a degree that helps with my job (which involves managing and marketing and budgetting - boring stuff!) Now, don't get me wrong, there are parts of my job I like (mainly the marketing and choosing pictures for posters and talking to people and giving presentations - anything not budget related!) However, it's not my dream job. I do have a dream job but it's a bit of a pipe dream at the moment and for the foreseeable future so I will save it for another time... anyway, I digress...

It's a struggle managing uni with a full time job (as well as moving house and planning a wedding) so my assignments this year are a bit of a chore. However, I have just finished my first of the year! Woooooooo! I do have another due in 4 weeks, and then one 3 weeks after that, and then another and then an exam 2 days before the wedding... but one thing at a time!! One down, eight to go!

There was only one choice when it came to instgramming this photo - shades of grey!


I'm sure it will be worth it in the end - it's all about focusing on that end result. After all, the last 3 years have flown by so it really is the home stretch now!

No comments:

Post a Comment