Saturday 3 December 2011

How I Made My Invites.

As I am in the process of finishing off my day invites and moving on to the evening ones, I thought I would show you how I made them.



I ordered 100 blank pocketfold invites from ebay. I like the way pocketfolds keep everything together so people won't lose the bits.

I also ordered some Cath Kidston wallpaper to fit in with my shabby chic theme. I got this from ebay too (6 metres) - it meant I didn't have to order a 20 metre roll and was also a lot cheaper!

Next, I then covered all of the inserts (3 included with the invites for main details, guest info and r.s.v.p.) with the wallpaper. The easiest way I found to do this was to pritt stick them on to the wallpaper and then cut around it.

I printed my invites on to some pink card and cut then out with a guilletine to give them a wavy edge (serious arm ache!) It took a few attempts on plain paper to get it lined up right.

I then added some ribbon and a little wooden heart with our initials. I'm really pleased with them and have decided after much debate to make the evening ones look the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment